Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, last week was one of those that you just have to write off and forget about. I didn't run all week since my 22-mile run on Saturday. This whole job hunting thing just had been draining on me and sapping my motivation. However, this week will be a whole new story, as I put in a brisk 6.3-mile run today and really enjoyed being out again. I just can't wait for Spring to get here soon so I can hit the trails near my house. Only 8+ weeks until the first trail race of the season for me - The Trail Mix 50K. Boo-yah!!!!

On the job front, I had an interview last week which I hope to hear back from later this week. In addition, I have an interview with another company on Thursday and also finally heard back from my former employer, who said "Thanks, but no thanks". Honestly, as much as I need a source of income right now, I'm somewhat relieved that they didn't offer me the job. Here is why. In speaking with my friends who still work there, I've come to find that the company is not doing very well and morale is at an all-time low. There is a lot of talk of people looking to leave, so perhaps jumping from one sinking ship to another would not have been the best thing for me. Anyway, at least now I can move on and focus on better opportunities!!

To all of the ultrarunners out there reading my blog, keep at it! Soon we will be kicking up mud and dirt on the trails instead of snow. Best wishes go out to Julie Berg whose son is finally home after a frightening hospital stay due to a ruptured appendix.

1 comment:

keith said...

Hi Steve,

Good luck with your job search! Surely spring will bring not only the racing season we've all been waiting for but good news to you as well!

keith