Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm Not Dead and "Ways to Be Cool"

Hello, I'm not dead - just being rather reclusive whilst I focus on the happiness of others. I've been spending a lot of time being a husband and a father these past few months, making up for the time my wife and son sacrificed for me the past 3 years in allowing me to trail run so much. It's been very rewarding, I must say. Each day before I come home from work I think to myself, "What does (insert family, friend, or other person/creature) need?", and try to do something for someone else each day. Sometimes that's doing simple things like picking up groceries, cleaning up around the house, making a family member's favorite dish, calling a friend, feeding the birds, walking the dog, etc. That's all it takes to make someone's day and put a smile on their face. There's nothing quite like seeing the happiness giving and doing things for others brings.

On a not so serious note, here's a funny tidbit passed on to me. Note the last entry......... ;-)

Namaste!

7 comments:

Matthew Patten said...

The not had to be made by your brother. Each line made me think "yeah... that's brothergrub"

Claire said...

Hi! You have a nice informative blog. I’ve learned something about it. I have mine too www.claire-fernandez.blogspot.com...thanks

Rakeshnongmaithem said...

nice one

Rakeshnongmaithem said...

nice one

Anonymous said...

I have no extra time for spent for people. TestKiller

Anonymous said...

That's all it takes to make someone's day and put a smile on their face.


Azeem

JGuizar said...

Haha, funny the way that the internet believes one is dead when no longer he posts content for a little bit, I too have a blog I just recently decided to write and I think it would be nice if you could come and visit it just so you can see what it's about
http://talesofonewithtime.blogspot.mx/